Games Workshop: Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game - Rules Manuel 2022 (01-01)
This 224-page hardback rules manual is a comprehensive guide to the hobby of building, painting, and playing games with your models - whether you choose the forces of Good or Evil.
This section features an overview of the wider hobby of collecting, painting, and playing with your miniatures, from the very basics of choosing your army and the items you need in order to run games, to setting up your battlefield and understanding the rules and profiles you’ll use in-game.
Here, you’ll be taken through the core of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game - the actual rules that you’ll use to play:
- Basic Principles: a primer on the fundamental concepts and terms used in the book, this section briefly explains a few things that the newcomer may find daunting.
- Turn Sequence: each turn is divided into five phases - Priority, which determines who acts first, Movement, which covers moving your models on the tabletop, interacting with terrain and using control zones, Shoot, which covers ranged attacks, Fight, which covers close combat, and Courage, in which your models are tested to see if they stand their ground or flee in terror.
- Monsters: while their basic rules are typically the same as those for other models in the game, Monster models are particularly powerful - this section covers their special rules. This includes War Beasts, huge creatures ridden into battle, crushing the foe as they march on.
- Weapons and Wargear: split into four subsections - close combat, missile, equipment and armour - this section explains the variety of weapons and wargear available to your models, and the impact your choices will have on your tactical decisions.
- Magical Powers: some models have the ability to cast magical powers, and this section explains targeting, casting and resisting those powers during the Move phase, with a list of every Magical Power available to cast.
- Special Rules: this section collects together all of the Special Rules which can appear on model profiles, compiled for easy reference.
- Advanced Rules: found in certain scenarios, these rules - covering water features, sentries, passengers and carrying objects - come in handy when recreating scenes from the history of Middle-earth.
- Siege Engines: rules for fielding these immense threats, covering their movement, firing, upgrades and crew (and their ability to launch severed heads as ammunition…).
- Sieges: throughout the history of Middle-earth, many sieges have taken place - here are the basic rules for creating your own sieges with your models.
Narrative Play games allow you to recreate your favourite battles and scenes from both the books and the films, using your collection of Citadel and Forge World models. Each scenario - found in The Armies of The Lord of the Rings™ and The Armies of The Hobbit™ - has a selection of special rules that balance them, providing an experience closely matching the scenes from the books and films.
With no restrictions whatsoever, Open Play games have unlimited creative potential, and are perfect for beginners and veterans alike. Simply get your collections together and dream up your own scenarios - any combination of army fighting any other combination of army, on a playing field of your own devising with objectives unique to your game - the possibilities are literally endless.
In Matched Play games, you and your opponent gather your forces of heroes and warriors from your collection, up to an agreed points limit, before unleashing your armies for the fate of Middle-earth. This section includes advice on building an army to a points limit, determining the size of the games you want to play, Alliances, wargear limits, initial priority, objectives, and Heroic Tiers - the respect and loyalty that Heroes command.
This section includes six Matched Play Scenarios, each providing a different tactical challenge.
The Armies of Middle-earth™
This section is an inspiring showcase of beautifully painted miniatures from across the Middle-earth range, showing you just what is possible when painting your own.
Four example armies showing you how the army was built, the points values it represents and the rules it can leverage.
Please be aware that it can take up to one business day of handling time before your package will enter the mail system. We ship on Monday - Saturday matching the post offices own days of operation, so orders made around the weekend may take longer as Sunday is not a business day. Please keep this in mind when anticipating delivery dates.
We will do our best to always select the shipping class that you have chosen, occasionally changes will need to be made and we will reach out if there is an issue we can't resolve. If we do ship by another method than what was selected it's because we believe the package will get to you faster and in a more secure manner.
Delivery speed after we drop your package into the mail system is the responsibility of the mail carrier. Once the carrier has picked up your order, all shipping times are estimated. A lot can happen through out the world that can impede and disrupt delivery of the mail.
All our packages have tracking included, once it is marked as delivered at your address we have completed our obligation as you have received the package. Any issues are to be handled between you and the shipping carrier or delivery service.
On occasion we will deem it necessary to add signature confirmation and additional insurance on a package. We reserve the right to do so and do so at our own expense.
You will receive an email from us when your order is fulfilled with your tracking number.
Preorder items are not yet available and the listed quantities reflect advanced-ordered items from manufacturers and distributors. The quantity available and "in stock" are estimates using the quantities we expect to receive for the noted release date. Due to the nature of unreleased products, we will always do our best to deliver preorder items as expected, but there is no guarantee that we will always receive full allocations from distributors/manufacturers.
All items on an order will ship when all preorder items release. If you purchase non-preorder items in addition to pre-order items, the non-preorder items will ship alongside the preorder items. We do not break up orders into multiple shipments. All items will ship at once when all items become available for sale.
Image, contents, and release date are subject to change. All preorder items will have the most current information of which we have been made aware.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Trading Card Game sealed products (such as booster boxes, booster packs, etc) are unable to be returned in any instance. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- * Gift cards
- * Downloadable software products
- * Some health and personal care items
- * Book with obvious signs of use
- * CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened.
- * Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- * Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: 400 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO, 64106, United States.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.