Games Workshop: Age of Sigmar - General's Handbook (80-18)
Inside this year’s General’s Handbook, you'll find…
- High-level background information on Ghur, the Realm of Beasts, which is the setting for this General's Handbook and Pitched Battle Season.
- A focused description of the war of Thondia, the area in Ghur which is in the midst of desperate conflict. Thondia is key to the current narrative of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, and is part of the setting for this General's Handbook and Pitched Battle Season.
- Rules for a new Region of War – The Ghurrish Heartlands – which include two special rules (Predators and Prey and Seismic Shift), one additional Realmsphere Magic spell available to all Wizards (Metamorphosis), and one additional Realm Command which all players have access to (Feral Roar).
- Two additional core battalions that players can include in their army in addition to the Core Battalions included in the core rules: Alpha-Beast Pack and Hunters of the Heartlands.
- Rules for eight grand strategies that dictate what an army will try and achieve during the battle. They offer additional victory points if completed by the end of the game: Sever the Head, Hold the Line, Vendetta, Dominating Presence, Beast Master, Prized Sorcery, Pillars of Belief, and Predator's Domain.
- Rules for eight battle tactics that can be used to determine who won the game. They reflect commands given by the leaders of the army over the course of the battle, and represent the army trying to achieve certain goals on the field of battle each turn: Broken Ranks, Conquer, Slay the Warlord, Ferocious Advance, Savage Spearhead, Aggressive Expansion, Monstrous Takeover, and Bring It Down!
- A photocopiable scoring sheet, designed to keep track of the various objectives throughout the battle.
- Guidance on the minimum accepted standard for using miniatures in Pitched Battle games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
- 12 battleplans for the Pitched Battle 2021 season: Marking Territory, Savage Gains, First Blood, Power Struggle, Survival of the Fittest, Tectonic Interference, Apex Predators, The Vice, Tooth and Nail, Feral Foray, Power in Numbers, and The Veins of Ghur.
- A list of all the official publications which can be used when building an army for use in Pitched Battles.
- Updated warscrolls for the following 17 endless spells: Horrorghast, Aethervoid Pendulum, Chronomantic Cogs, Emerald Lifeswarm, Geminids of Uhl-Gysh, Malevolent Maelstrom, Prismatic Palisade, Purple Sun of Shyish, Quicksilver Swords, Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws, Soulsnare Shackles, Suffocating Gravetide, The Burning Head, Umbral Spellportal, Soulscream Bridge, Shards of Valagharr, and Lauchon the Soulseeker.
- The Warhammer Age of Sigmar core rules
Please note: The ring-bound design of the General’s Handbook and layout of the battleplans have been designed so that the book can be folded flat to save space, while still providing an overview of the essential information to easily reference once the game has begun.
Inside this year’s Pitched Battle Profiles book, you'll find…
- An introduction to Pitched Battle Profiles and descriptions of the four different types of battlefield role: Artillery, Battleline, Behemoth, and Leader.
- Details on how to use allies in Pitched Battles in the 2021 Season
- Updated Pitched Battle Profiles for every unit, faction, and Grand Alliance in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, as follows:
Order: Cities of Sigmar, Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron Overlords, Lumineth Realm-lords, Seraphon, Stormcast Eternals, and Sylvaneth.
Chaos: Beasts of Chaos, Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Hedonites of Slaanesh, Maggotkin of Nurgle, Skaven, and Slaves to Darkness.
Death: Flesh-eater Courts, Nighthaunt, Ossiarch Bonereapers, and Soulblight Gravelords.
Destruction: Gloomspite Gitz, Ogor Mawtribes, Orruk Warclans, and Sons of Behemat.
- Updated Pitched Battle profiles for the 17 endless spells from Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power.
The General’s Handbook 2021 also comes with a card token board, which contains 14 double-sided tokens as follows:
- 10x Objective / Prime Objectives
- 1x Battle Tactic Token – Broken Ranks / Bring It Down!
- 1x Battle Tactic Token – Aggressive Expansion / Conquer
- 1x Battle Tactic Token – Slay the Warlord / Monstrous Takeover
- 1x Battle Tactic Token – Ferocious Advance / Savage Spearhead
Please be aware that it can take up to one business day of handling time before your package will enter the mail system. We ship on Monday - Saturday matching the post offices own days of operation, so orders made around the weekend may take longer as Sunday is not a business day. Please keep this in mind when anticipating delivery dates.
We will do our best to always select the shipping class that you have chosen, occasionally changes will need to be made and we will reach out if there is an issue we can't resolve. If we do ship by another method than what was selected it's because we believe the package will get to you faster and in a more secure manner.
Delivery speed after we drop your package into the mail system is the responsibility of the mail carrier. Once the carrier has picked up your order, all shipping times are estimated. A lot can happen through out the world that can impede and disrupt delivery of the mail.
All our packages have tracking included, once it is marked as delivered at your address we have completed our obligation as you have received the package. Any issues are to be handled between you and the shipping carrier or delivery service.
On occasion we will deem it necessary to add signature confirmation and additional insurance on a package. We reserve the right to do so and do so at our own expense.
You will receive an email from us when your order is fulfilled with your tracking number.
Preorder items are not yet available and the listed quantities reflect advanced-ordered items from manufacturers and distributors. The quantity available and "in stock" are estimates using the quantities we expect to receive for the noted release date. Due to the nature of unreleased products, we will always do our best to deliver preorder items as expected, but there is no guarantee that we will always receive full allocations from distributors/manufacturers.
All items on an order will ship when all preorder items release. If you purchase non-preorder items in addition to pre-order items, the non-preorder items will ship alongside the preorder items. We do not break up orders into multiple shipments. All items will ship at once when all items become available for sale.
Image, contents, and release date are subject to change. All preorder items will have the most current information of which we have been made aware.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Trading Card Game sealed products (such as booster boxes, booster packs, etc) are unable to be returned in any instance. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- * Gift cards
- * Downloadable software products
- * Some health and personal care items
- * Book with obvious signs of use
- * CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened.
- * Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- * Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: 400 Grand Blvd, Kansas City, MO, 64106, United States.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, please contact us by email at email@example.com
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.